As the holidays approach, you may be wondering what to get your furnace. After all, it’s been working hard all year to keep your home comfortable!
Here are 5 “gifts” that will show your furnace some love this holiday season:
- A thorough cleaning. Like any other appliance in your home, your furnace needs to be cleaned regularly. Not only will this prolong its lifespan, but it will also improve its efficiency. Schedule a professional furnace tune-up with our team at least once a year.
- New filters. Dirty filters are one of the leading causes of furnace problems. Depending on your filter type, you may need to replace it every few months. Check your owner’s manual for more specific recommendations.
- Regular maintenance checks. Speaking of scheduled appointments, did you know that most furnace problems can be prevented with regular maintenance checks? We recommend having our team come out at least once a year to inspect and service your furnace. This simple step can save you money in the long run by avoiding costly repairs down the road.
- A comfortable home. One of the best ways to care for your furnace is to ensure your home is well-insulated. This will help your furnace run more efficiently by keeping heat from escaping through cracks and gaps in your walls and doors. Not sure if your home is properly insulated? Give us a call, and we’ll be happy to take a look!
- An emergency plan. No one likes to think about their furnace breaking down, but it’s important to be prepared for anything! Make sure you know whom to call if you have a problem and have a backup plan in place in case of an emergency. Our team is always here to help, so don’t hesitate to call us day or night if you need assistance.
Your furnace works hard all year round to keep your family comfortable, so this holiday season, show it some love with these 5 “gifts”! From regular cleanings and maintenance checks to proper insulation and an emergency plan, following these tips will help ensure that your furnace has a long and happy life.
And in case you have a question about what to “gift” your furnace this holiday season in your Inland Empire home, contact Ballard online or call us at 909-297-1914.