You’ve gone through all the troubleshooting steps, and you’re sure that your air conditioner is working, but not as well as it should be. Here are a few tips to get your A/C back up to speed:
1. Check your air filter and replace it if necessary. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your A/C to work harder than it needs to.
2. Make sure your thermostat has fresh batteries. If the batteries are low, the thermostat may not be sending the correct signal to the A/C unit.
3. Ensure that the blower fan in your A/C unit is working properly. The fan is responsible for circulating air through the unit, so the A/C will not be effective if it’s not working. How can you tell if your blower fan is working without taking the unit apart? Go outside and make sure that you hear a steady hum coming from your unit and no strange sounds or burning smells.
4. Take a look at your A/C coils. The coils play an important role in the cooling process, and if they’re dirty, they can affect the performance of your unit. To clean the coils, you’ll need to turn off the power to the unit to ensure your safety. Once the power is off, spray the fins/coils with a hose. You can also use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to clean the outside of your unit. But lots of dirt can impact the performance of the system!
5. Keep in mind that if it’s boiling outside, your A/C may not be able to keep up. The issue could be that your A/C unit is old and needs to be replaced. Older units may struggle to keep up with demand on days when temperatures are soaring. This is usually because older components such as the compressor can’t handle the heat as well as they used to. It could also be an issue with older electrical components not being able to handle the load. If you think this might be the case, it’s best to call in a professional air conditioning contractor for an assessment.
Hopefully, these tips and tricks will help get your A/C unit back to optimal capacity! If the A/C in your Inland Empire home still isn’t performing as well as you’d like, it may be time to call the air conditioning repair professionals at Ballard for help. We can diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action. Just contact us online or give us a call! 909-297-1914